Tracey R. Hind
Car Guy Extraordinaire
I am essentially just another car guy but I like to educate people as I mix in some useless opinions. I have been working on cars my entire life but have done so professionally since 1999. I currently work in the technical training department for a major auto manufacturer. In the past I spent many years working as a professor of automotive and alternative fuel vehicle technology at Western Wyoming Community College in Rock Springs, WY. I also spent many years as an automotive technician.
During my career as a technician I worked in both independent shops and dealerships. My dealership experience was with Honda and Toyota dealerships. I worked in an independent shop that dealt mostly with domestic cars, and later worked for a shop that dealt mostly with European cars. This has given me good experience working on everything you can imagine.
Working at Western Wyoming Community College I was in charge of making sure the automotive technology curriculum was relevant and fell inline with the needs of the automotive service industry. I taught classes in all automotive systems helping students reach their educational goals. I also developed a certificate program in Alternative Fuel Vehicle Technology. This was the first program of its kind in the intermountain west.
Today I develop training programs and solution for a major auto manufacturer which for the time being shall remain nameless, suffice it to say that I don’t live in Michigan…not that there’s anything wrong with that great state.
Certifications and Certificates
- ASE Certified Master Technician A1-A8
- ASE Certified Light-Duty Diesel A9
- ASE Certified Alternative Fuel Technician F1 (Natural Gas Vehicles)
- ASE Certified Advanced Level Specialist L1 Engine Performance
- Honda Gold Level Certified Technician
- Certified Compressed Natural Gas Fuel System Inspector (CSA America)
- EPA Section 608 Certified
- Member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- AAS Degree, Automotive Technology, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
- BS Degree, Automotive Technology, Business and Product Development, Weber State University, Ogden, UT